During a humanitarian crisis a large number of assessments and surveys are carried out, often in support of project design as well as monitoring and evaluation.
The IASC Assessment database (Survey of Surveys) is a repository of information on surveys and assessments conducted in the country. This aims to provide a comprehensive picture of assessments in Sri Lanka as well as to share information widely and store for future reference. Data collection is an ongoing process and can form the basis of a comprehensive data repository for the humanitarian community and aid coordination.
- It creates a shared understanding of the situation regarding data collection in the field
- It identifies assessments or surveys that might feed into each other, and organizations that may find it useful to collaborate
- It identifies potential duplications or gaps in survey work that may need to be addressed
- It identifies which organizations should be supported to ensure that the data collected is useful and shareable
- It creates a database of what assessments have been done as a guide for planning assessments in the future
OCHA Sri Lanka assists with the coordination of inter agency assessments in the field and compiles information on surveys and assessments carried out by humanitarian organizations working in the country.
If you would like your assessment to be added to this database, please submit the form below.